Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I wanted to make this product my first review because I splurged and bought all 30 colors. I feel like I have been able to see the whole line and the color quality overall.

DISCLAIMER: Any review found on my site is the opinions of me, myself, and I. 

Reviews will be measured in '<3' < = 1/2
Loose Pearl Eyeshadow:
Packaging: <
Price: <3<3<3<3<3
Quality: <3<3<3<3<3
Pigmentation: <3<3<3<3<3
Feel: <3<3<3<3<3
Overall: <3<3<3<3< 
(It get's 5 <3's if you take the packaging out of the total score)
Would I purchase again? Absolutely!


Packaging: If you could take the packaging out of the equation, it would be 10000000000000% better. The jar is tiny. When I say tiny I mean... it's friggin tiny!





The bottle isn't so much an issue as the opening though.


The opening is the real problem. You can't fit a brush into it, and if you pour product out to use it, you're just going to have a struggle getting excess back into the bottle.
If you choose to 'de-pot' your LP, you will find that there is quite a bit packed into those tiny bottles.


I know it doesn't look like much from this angle, I just liked the picture! *snicker*


The product in the jar (L) comes up to the top of the word 'LP25'

Ok now, moving on!

Price: You can't really beat $2.00. Many places charge that much for a sample. For the price, you get a ton of great quality product.

Quality: This product is so soft! When I was doing swatches and dipped my (clean!) fingers into the jar, I had to double-take to make sure I had gotten some on them. These pigments are super blendable! And you really don't need a lot to get the look you want.

Pigmentation: If you didn't see my last post with the swatches of the LP on my bare arms, you should go look now :D Go looky!
No base used and yet the colors are so bright! Some of the colors are softer (i.e. Baby Pink, Baby Blue, Lime, & Grass) but they still have a great color with nothing to stick to.





R to L: No Base, NYX e/s Base in Pearl, NYX e/s Base in White, NYX e/s Base in Skin Tone

Feel: I know I covered the feel in the Quality section but I wanted to reiterate here. This product is so soft! I have tried many loose e/s before. For $11 you can buy the Loreal HIP pigments, but you are going to have to work more with the product. NYX's LP are super soft and not chunky in the least. When it goes on the eye, it's feather light and non irritating.

Overall: I have only one complaint about this product and it's not even about the product itself. If the packaging was something more like a generic jar with a sifter (or even without one) it would be much better for the consumers.

Thanks for reading!
<3







0 comments:

Post a Comment